Saturday, August 26, 2006

Are YOU one of the Frightened?



No, this isn't a genuine scan!
Just a little photoshop magic... Boris Karloff read scary stories to the tune of some kooky, creepy music on two albums: Tales of the Frightened Volumes I and II. Far as I know, no bona-fide soundtrack to this collection was ever released, under that name.

...However...

There was an album, simply called 'Electronic Music', released, by a band called the Electrosoniks. I was lucky enough to grab it from another sharity blog-- don't ask who, I can't recall-- about a year ago. As I was listening to it, I realized it sounded eerily familiar. Eventually I figgered out it was the same music from the Tales of the Frightened records!!

Here's a little info about the Tales of the Frightened Series. I got this from the Scar Stuff blog, who is quoting someone else:


"The vignettes in this series were written by Michael Avallone and read by Boris Karloff. Each issue of the magazine contains one of the vignettes, neither individually titled or bylined. Several years later Karloff's readings were released as a phonograph record and the texts were published as a book by Avallone."

"The music that runs underneath Boris's voice slowed down and twisted about is Tom Dissvelt and Kid Baltan's masterpiece recording of "Song of The Second Moon"... reissued as "The Elektrosonics-Electronic Music" "


Once I knew where I'd heard it before, I was quite annoyed at how FAST the tunes were on the Electrosoniks album. Seems to me, there'd be some other lovers of this album series, might want an honest-to-goodness soundtrack, at the proper speed, to include as part of the set. So I put myself to the task of editing the songs, saved 'em as 128 kbps mp3's and.. well, here ya go:

Tales Of the Frightened, The Soundtrack

Enjoy...

10/28/06 -- Well, gonna try & re-up these all. I really want to share these for Halloween, On Halloween-- so try the link above again, or any other of my links. Boo!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger John AKA Reggaexx said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and I appreciate the shares! Thanks, I'll be back!

3:57 PM  
Blogger HarveyMidnight said...

Cool, thanks. Glad you're getting a kick out of 'em.

I don't have a record collection or anything. Most of what I post here is gonna be stuff that I have edited together myself. I may post some songs I've composed as well.... all at the amateur level, of course.

Thanks for droppin' by & saying hello!

3:29 PM  
Blogger HarveyMidnight said...

Hey, this is available again:

http://harveysmidnighthour.blogspot.com/2006/10/try-again_28.html

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home