Thursday, October 18, 2007

Return to The Mansion....

It's back.. by mild demand! Got a request from reader 'Ed' , for this old gem, so I thought.. "why not? It's my blog!" So now, I present a re-up of my own little retro throwback to the days of Halloween-on-vinyl, the audio tour known as "The Mansion That Is Haunted."

Yet another of the files that bit the 'big one' with my old pc, I present here, actually, a re-rip of the file from the cd that I burned for myself. Hey, if yer one of those people who sweats the loss of audio quality from such an exchange.. just console yourself with the fact that the sound effects & music were originally ripped from old vinyl anyway, by Jason, at Scarstuff (Thanks for the source material, dude!) and is already loaded with those oh-so-retro clicks & pops.

And yet, I love it so.

The narrator is me, your own Harvey Midnight, making my meager attempt at a Criswell impression-- With this project I tried to skirt the line between being really cheesy, with lines like,
'I too, was once alive... but then I died! And now, I am NO LONGER ALIVE!", and also bearing some real chills, as well. I think I pulled it off, and I hope you enjoy.

Love Criswell? Check out this blog entry!



Think the Criswell narrative is off-putting?
Think you can do better?
Or, just wanna use the sound effects for Halloweenish background ambience?

Here's the entire routine without the narration.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dex said...

Thanks a billion!

-Ed aka Dex1138

3:03 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks again.

LOL...gotta love that WFMU Criswell Post. One of his predictions from 1968 was by the year 2000 we'd see "Homosexual Cities".....who's capitol will be in Des Moines, Iowa......lmao.

Dave

11:52 PM  
Blogger HarveyMidnight said...

Oh yeah.. Criswell is great. It amazes me how he can accurately predict the concept of the debit card "No cash, no checks... just a punch-card! A punch-card, to buy your groceries and any of the products you need!" and then also the whole "red/blue state" trend, but then he'll turn around & predict that pigs will grow wings, and there'll be a coming era of public nudity, when people will go to work, church, "and even attend the theatre... in the nude!"

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home